Saturday, May 20, 2006

The Giant Millipede

I found myself lost on the winding platform,
Where, I felt a sudden pang,
But the distant rumbling had to confirm ,
Followed by a blaring horn, the arrival of the timeless traveller.

Its mere presence sent a feeling of warmth,
That seeped right into my bones, but?
The countenance of the iron mammoth let
my heart ask 'Are you intimate to me or intimidating me?'

A flurry of questions probed my mind,
The tough one queried its gender,
An inner voice said "brute force is typical of men!',
Nevertheless the rocking iron maiden told me the opposite.

Hey! are you a kin the Ganges?
'The lifeline of our city;
Flowing forever from one end to the other',
Our banks enriched with the concrete jungles.

The hawkers and the beggars are a part of you,
They reveal us of the life's unkind face,
Now I remember my words of my father's wisdom,
"Son, things are there to be learnt beside books".

As I alight, now I am nostalgic,
Have you not conspired me in making friends,
You reassure me that all have goals to meet,
And they all do tread different paths.

Then a kid saw you, exclaimed "giant millipede'
'Hey, aren't you just a copy of the nature?',
We men have limited ability
To just imitate the big hand's small creation!

No comments: